This product is NOT created by Medtronic. You can find them, and more information about their insulin pumps here
Direct Nightscout access is now available in a Beta Release Android application!
This is where you'll find up-to-date information on this evolving Nightscout solution
The Beta test programme is now open
Please read all of the instructions carefully before deciding whether to proceed with this Beta release.
In order to take part in the programme we ask that you please:
- Plan for the possibility that the application will stop working without warning
- Agree to post any issues using the template provided
- Keep support queries contained to this submission process during the beta test process so that the developers can efficiently identify issues and focus on getting a full release candidate out to everyone as soon as possible. At times, little / no support will be available through the Facebook Group from the team.
Disclaimer And Warning
All information, thought, and code described here is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Nightscout currently makes no attempt at HIPAA privacy compliance. Use of code from github.com is without warranty or support of any kind. Please review the LICENSE found within each repository for further details. Use Nightscout at your own risk, and do not use the information or code to make medical decisions.
This application communicates directly with your 640g pump. It only requests for a status update, using similar techniques used during a CareLink upload, and no safety issues have been found during Alpha testing. However, please ensure that you:
- monitor pump performance closely whilst using this Beta release of the application and
- disable the remote bolus* option on your 640g before using this beta application
- use a spare Bayer 2.4 Contour Next Link meter or have an alternative means of measuring blood glucose levels at all times
By using this beta release you agree to all of the above.
If you don't feel you have the technical experience or cannot comply with the above conditions, please hang-five and wait for the full production release, which will be along just as soon as possible.
Thanks for waiting patiently
The 640g Nightscout Support Team
* To disable your 640g's remote bolus feature:
1. Make sure that your pump and compatible Bayer meter are connected.
2. Go to the Remote Bolus screen on the 640g: Menu > Utilities > Remote Bolus
3. Select Remote Bolus to turn the feature off
4. Select Save
All product names, trademarks, servicemarks, registered trademarks, and registered servicemarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with this project. Product names are used solely for the purpose of identification. Use of these names does not imply any co-operation or endorsement.